Thank you for your interest in interning with Senator Lummis’s office!
- Applicants must have a high school diploma.
- The ideal candidate will be a junior or senior in college, or a recent college graduate who finished their program within the past year. Although college students of any year are able to apply, the program is most beneficial for students who are finishing their academic coursework and are moving toward graduation. Law students and graduate students are welcome to apply, but should be aware that the program is geared toward undergraduate students.
- Applicants from any major are welcome.
- The office has a preference for Wyoming students, but students from any state are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be willing to work hard, learn new things, and assist Senator Lummis’s office in serving the people of Wyoming.
- Speaking with constituents on the phones about Senate activity
- Assisting with research on specific projects
- Sorting and replying to constituent inquiries and mail
- Tracking the progress of legislation
- Administrative tasks within the office
All of the office’s internship positions are in-person in Senator Lummis’ Washington, D.C. office.
This internship is a paid position. Students are responsible for coordinating their travel to and from Washington, D.C., and for securing housing and accomodation for their stay.